Playground Injuries

columnsMany accidents occur on Washington state playgrounds and other recreational areas. Some playgrounds are indoors — owned by private businesses. This type of playground facility is often used to attract customers into the business.

Attorney John Rothschild handles cases where children suffer injuries from indoor playgrounds. Mr. Rothschild’s practice focuses specifically on these private playgrounds as opposed to public recreational facilities.

An owner of playground equipment is liable for their failure to exercise ordinary care. For example:

  • Failure to provide safety mats and other safety equipment
  • Failure to inspect and repair damaged equipment, including broken climbing equipment and broken amusement park rides
  • Failure to post warnings about dangerous conditions
  • Failure to properly train staff

If you or your child has had an indoor playground accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of earnings.

To receive compensation, you must prove the following:

  • That the property owner had a legal duty to you;
  • That the property owner knew, or should have known, that there was a dangerous condition;
  • That the property owner had an opportunity to repair or remedy the dangerous condition; and
  • That the property owner’s failure to take appropriate action was a direct cause of your injury.

If you or your child has been injured in an indoor playground accident, please email or contact John Rothschild for a free consultation.


Free Consultation